Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Fiction Fondness

I love good stories. And good stories are mostly found in fiction. That’s why I read a lot of novels and comicbooks, and watch a lot of movies and TV shows. I love good stories. I love fiction.

I think fiction is an integral part of the growth of ones; imagination. It feeds our imagination. Fiction and imagination helps us to see not only how things are, but how things can be.

You can learn a lot of things from fiction as much as you can learn a lot from fact. I learned trivias, lessons, ideas, and even facts from fiction. I believe not only feeds out imagination, but also knowledge and wisdom. .

Fiction is not only good entertainment, but also a good refuge. Sometimes it’s good just to forget all about the realities if this world of fact, and just sit back, relax, and read a good novel or watch a good movie. For an interval of time that we are indulge with fiction, we forget about our problems, worries, frustrations, disappointments and pain.

There’s nothing wrong living in a world of fiction. Just don’t live there forever. The world of fact should not be completely forgotten – no matter how hard to accept, it’s still the more important thing. The realities of life still has to be faced in the world of fact, the world of fiction just helps to refresh us to face the challenges.

I read a statement like this somewhere (I forgot how it really goes), but I’ll paraphrase it as ending: ‘Fiction is not important because it tells us there are dragons, but because it tells us that dragons can be slayed.’

No comments: