Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Music for the Maestro

As an amateur musician, I had experience it.
I stood on that stage with my six-string.
Like all musicians, I find it fun.
Beautiful music made from my instrument.
The crowd applauds.
They cheer.
They chant my name.
Exhilarating.
Ecstatic.

But it’s different when I play for the Maestro.
Beautiful music made from my instrument.
The applauses and the cheers are not for me this time.
But for Him.
Through the music I make, I lead the crowd to praise and worship Him.
And I find it more exciting.
More satisfying.
More fun.
More fulfilling.

Making the Maestro smile is more important than the glory I receive from the crowd.
Because He is the Giver of Talents, and deserves the talent He gives me to be returned to Him.
And because He is my Father.

No comments: