Sunday, December 18, 2016

'Max Steel' Is an Exciting, Fun, Innovative, and Thought-Provoking Superhero Movie... NOT

I first thought that this movie is going to be inspired by 2000’s Max Steel 3D cartoon that I used to watch occasionally (but never became a fan) as a kid.  But the movie turned out having an entirely different premise.  Then I learned that there’s actually a 2013 reboot of the animated series, so this movie is probably more in line with that (I haven’t seen it to be certain).

Based on the Mattel toyline, Max Steel is an origin story of the titular superhero Max Steel – the amalgamation of a teen named Max McGrath, who discovers that his body is capable of generating powerful energies, and a “parasitic, silicon-based lifeform” that he meets named Steel. 

So, here’s my in-depth review of this eventual classic:

No comments: