Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Top 10 Memorable Movie Moments of 2016


These are ten moments that I will remember the most from 2016 movies.   This doesn’t mean that this list is made up entirely of good moments or just my favorite moments.  Bad or hilariously ridiculous moments can be as much effectively memorable as the positive ones (though the word “memorable” often refers to something positive).

Honorable mentions: Deadpool’s opening sequence; “I Am Moana” scene in Moana; Batman and Batgirl’s shocking sex scene in The Killing Joke; “Dormammu, I’ve come to bargain” scene in Doctor Strange; Jackie Chan sings “Rolling in the Deep” in Skiptrace; The Bronze’s absurd, acrobatic sex scene; the raunchy culmination of Sausage Party

10.) 
Now You See Me 2’s intricate chip heist scene. Where the Four Horsemen steals a data-mining chip, doing so in full light of security guards, by hiding it in a playing card and passing it among themselves.

9.)
Elephant scene in The Brothers Grimsby.  Ugh.

8.)
Wonder Woman, in full costume for the first time, joining Batman and Superman in their battle against Doomsday.

Batman v Superman may not be a great movie, but seeing DC’s Big Three together on the big screen brought a pleasant chill down my spine.  Wonder Woman’s catchy theme, and the fact that the little girl beside me in the theater when I watched it (it was packed) uttered excitedly, “Si Darna!” when she appeared, made the scene more unforgettable for me.

7.)
X-Men: Apocalypse’s anticipated Quicksilver scene, where he saves everyone from the exploding X-Mansion.

6.)
Cyborg: “Good luck.”
Batman: “I don’t believe in luck.”
Cyborg: “What do you believe in?”
Batman: “Batman!”

5.)
The final minutes of Your Name.  Honestly the most white-knuckled, holding-breath emotional experience I’ve ever had from a film in 2016.

4.)
Not this one.
That Darth Vader scene in Rogue One near the end.  If you have seen the movie, you know what I’m referring to.

3.)
The glorious, fist-pumping “Sabotage” sequence in Star Trek Beyond.

2.)
Enchantress’ cool transformation to her initial appearance…
… and her ridiculous dancing in Suicide Squad.  Still makes me laugh, no matter how many times I’ve seen it already.

1.)
The epic airport battle in Captain America: Civil War.

No comments: