Saturday, April 13, 2019

Ranking the Winter 2019 Anime I Watched

Instead of re-ranking just the new ones like last time, I rank here all the anime series I watched during the 2019 winter season – meaning, including the carryovers from fall 2018 and new seasons of old anime.  Here they are, from least to best…

The Magnificent Kotobuki
I stopped watching after four episodes.

Kakegurui XX
It was still fairly entertaining, but I didn’t like it as much as I did its first season.

The Rising of the Shield Hero
This anime had my top spot at the beginning of the season.  So what happened?  Well, it didn’t necessarily become bad; the other shows just got better and better.  Moreover, it got to the point that I got so interested on its story that I couldn’t wait for the next episode, so I binge read the manga until the latest chapter.  After that, since I already had a general idea of where the plot was going, new episodes didn’t excite me as much.  Nevertheless, it remains enjoyable, and I’m still following it closely as it continues into spring 2019.

Hinomaru Sumo
Click here for my full review.

My Roommate Is a Cat
Click here for my full review.

Dororo
It’s also still ongoing like The Rising of the Shield Hero.  I will present my overall thoughts on it once it finishes its first season.

Kaguya-sama: Love Is War
Click here for my full review.

The Quintessential Quintuplets
Click here for my full review.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
Click here for my full review.

Mob Psycho 100
Click here for my full review.

The Promised Neverland
Click here for my full review.

No comments: