Sunday, October 13, 2019

Anime of Summer 2019, Ranked

The summer season has come and gone, and the fall season – the last of the year – is already upon us. But before I get into what fall has to offer, let me first recap how my summer anime watching went. My watchlist was composed of three leftovers from the spring season and 11 of the 15 new shows I gave a try at the start of the summer season – in which, from the five shows I was on the fence about, I ended up watching all but one, increasing the number of shows I dropped to four from the initial three (if they aren’t in this list, it means I dropped them). Here they are, arranged from worst to best:

Hensuki: Are You Willing to Fall in Love with a Pervert, as Long as She’s a Cutie?
Click here for my full review.

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World’s Strongest
Click here for my full review.

Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?
Click here for my full review.

If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord
Click here for my full review.

Are You Lost?
Click here for my full review.

Fruits Basket
Click here for my full review.

Wasteful Days of High School Girls
Click here for my full review.

How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift?
Click here for my full review.

Carole & Tuesday
Click here for my full review.

Astra Lost in Space
Click here for my full review.

Vinland Saga/Fire Force/Dr. Stone
I honestly haven’t finalized in my mind which of the summer season’s Big Three do I like the most.  For now, let’s just say they are equal in standing.  They will be carrying over into the fall season anyway, so allow me to wait until the end of the year before I give my definitive ranking for them.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
Click here for my full review.

No comments: