Sunday, May 08, 2016

Top 10 Most Read Posts of The Bernel Zone in the Past Decade (Also, Happy 10th Year Anniversary!)


On March 8, 2006, http://bernel.blogspot.com was launched with a doleful post about how hard it is to be a Laker fan, prompted by the team’s playoff loss to the Suns.  Ten years have passed and 600+ posts later, and I’m still updating it – and I can’t see myself stopping in the near future.

I don’t really get any tangible benefit from this.  Avid followers are very few.  The traffic is relatively minimal – averaging just 300-400 visits a day.  Adsense terminated my account way back in 2010.  Most prefer Wordpress over Blogger as platform.  But I will keep on blogging in http://bernel.blogspot.com as long as I could, for it has some intrinsic value to me.

In my 5th anniversary post, I implied that this blog somewhat serves as my diary – that though I don’t directly write about myself, through all the articles of various topics I write, a reader may have some glimpse (hence, the subtitle in the heading) where I am at that point of my life.  Personally, when I re-read the past posts I wrote, I immediately remember the particular thoughts, experiences, emotions, and motivations that led me to write them.

Furthermore, through its chronology, I – as well as others – can see how I grew as a writer and as an individual.  That’s actually another excuse reason why I don’t proofread my work much (other than the fact that I’m lazy).  And even when I discover an error in grammar, spelling, structure, and/or style on a past post, I just let it be.  I rarely edit it.  The mistakes are part of the process and experience – there’s something weirdly romantic about it.

Anyway, that’s me on why I blog.  Now, as for this site’s visitors, I can’t really tell how they approach my writings.  But what I can determine with certainty are the posts that have been popular to them (thanks to Blogger’s “stats” tab).  So, based on pageviews, here are The Bernel Zone’s most read posts (a case study on how much the Internet loves lists):

10.) TOP 10 FICTIONAL CHARACTERS THAT HAVE SUPER-SPEED
Date posted: April 14, 2014
Pageviews (as of writing): 5,249

9.) TOP 10 SAMURAIS & NINJAS IN FICTION
Date posted: April 29, 2013
Pageviews (as of writing): 6,101

8.) MORE MOVIES I LIKE HOLLYWOOD TO MAKE, KEEP ON MAKING, OR START MAKING AGAIN
Date posted: October 8, 2010
Pageviews (as of writing): 6,265

7.) TOP 10 “CAPTAIN”-NAMED SUPERHEROES
Date posted: March 29, 2013
Pageviews (as of writing): 6,485

6.) TOP 20 FICTIONAL SWORDSMEN
Date posted: October 28, 2013
Pageviews (as of writing): 7,801

5.) TOP 10 FICTIONAL CHARACTERS THAT HAVE LIGHTNING/ELECTRIC POWERS
Date posted: June 19, 2013
Pageviews (as of writing): 20,678

4.) TOP 10 BIBLE CHARACTERS
Date posted: September 4, 2010
Pageviews (as of writing): 21,030

3.) TOP 10 COMIC STRIPS
Date posted: August 18, 2010
Pageviews (as of writing): 29,103

2.) TOP 10 ANIME PROTAGONISTS & TOP 10 ANIME ANTAGONISTS
Date posted: March 8, 2012
Pageviews (as of writing): 32,242

1.) TOP 10 FIGHTING STYLES
Date posted: August 13, 2010
Pageviews (as of writing): 101,106

Here's to more years of Lakers stuff, lists, and other kinds of blog posts in The Bernel Zone.

No comments: