Friday, December 24, 2021

Virtual Jam with My GTWFSL Fam Part 8

I’m titling this post “Virtual Jam with My GTWFSL Fam” (nice rhyming going on there) instead of just “Virtual Jam with My Students”, since it wasn’t only my GTWFSL students (current and past) and I who collaborated on this project, but my co-teachers as well.

The song we covered this time is “By Faith” by Keith & Kristyn Getty and Stuart Townend.  Based largely on Hebrews 11, this stirring modern hymn is meant, per Townend’s description, “[to chart] the role of faith throughout history, from the faith of the earliest Old Testament characters, which cause them to do extraordinary things, to the faith of the prophets who prophesied the coming of Christ, to the faith of the early church who went to the nations, to the call for us, too, to trust in the power of Christ in our own lives, and in the power of the gospel to bring people to Christ.”

Here's the usual accompanying alternate video of the performance, which is stripped off of the vocals (hence, the “minus one” instrumental):

No comments: